Monday, November 14, 2005

Jaded

Now, why is it that when I read this:

Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:47:51 -0500
From: CNN Breaking News
Reply-To: newseditor@MAIL.CNN.COM
To: TEXTBREAKINGNEWS@CNNIMAIL12.CNN.COM
Subject: CNN Breaking News

-- Indiana State Police say they have captured the 18-year-old man wanted in Pennsylvania double homicide; 14-year-old girl with him is unharmed.

...I'm so jaded by today's world that I automatically assume the 18-year-old and the 14-year-old know each other, in fact love each other, and he killed her parents so he and the love of his life could be together? I sure hope it's not true, but ...sigh.

2 comments:

c said...

Because they *do* know each other, and it's entirely possible she *did* have something to do with the shootings.

Poppy said...

But I didn't know that information when I got the CNN email, I just jumped to that conclusion. Here I am, Ms. Jumps-to-Conclusions and it doesn't make me feel better that anything I assumed is true. It just makes me feel worse that next time I will also jump to the same conclusion, and someone who is perhaps innocent will be guilty in my eyes without a fair trial.