Thursday, November 10, 2005

Are you all rich? C'mon, seriously, you can tell me.

It seems like almost all the bloggers I read obsessively have exciting tales to tell during the work week that don't involve work. Is it because you're all back to school after taking years off, independently wealthy, lottery winners, unemployed, domestic deities, or witches à la Bewitched who just wiggle your noses and *bam* you have a house and car and every basic necessity without paying for all of it?

I myself must work every weekday, sometimes on weekends, and can only dream of the simple pleasure of lazing in bed until 10am, or having lunch from 11am-3pm with my friends or family, or sitting down to a marathon session of my favorite television show on DVD. I'm slightly jealous, but moreso curious about how I too can obtain more free time to do what I really want to do in life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, but if I had the practical choice to take it or leave it, I'd leave it and go philanthropize, travel the world meeting all of you, eat long lunches, and drink fountain soda with Kris. (Happy birthday, Kris!)

3 comments:

Bella said...

I use to be that way - no time for myself but I began to realize that it was making me an unhappy person. I found a job that has flex time and has the same values as I do - all fun no work. ;)

Seriously, I work hard but I have to have fun. I don't own a house but I like my little apartment because I'd rather have more money to spend on things I like and like to do. Balancing.

I am not going to neglect the next ten years of my life depriving myself of great things just to save a shit load of money for a house and a huge mortgage payment to tie me down. Personally, I don't care if I ever own a house or not. I am perfectly happy renting toher people's homes who can come and fix thier shit themselves. :)

bdogg_mcgee said...

Yeah, I used to have a really stressful job where I'd put in 50+ hours a week, not including the 2 hour commute time. I hated it.

This new job is really great--very little stress, it's closer to home.

And I know you're not talking about me as one of the exciting storytellers! Last night with the neighbors shooting the adult film was a complete fluke!

That made no sense. I need a painkiller!

kris said...

Poppy, thanks *so* much!

I hear you, on both counts - 1) I wish we could sit and have sodas from our dispensers, at the BEACH, and 2) I'm on the very verge of starting to make stuff up for my blog because I'm running out of interesting things to say. Maybe we could really start a bloggers meeting up service. It could float us for at least a while (you know, before Starbucks got wind of the idea and ran us out of business!) ;)