Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The meals of a lady with cravings

Last night's dinner:

DSC00006

Yes, that's a cheese sauce. Two cups of extra sharp cheddar, one cup of aged swiss. A little cayenne pepper, Cavatappi pasta, and Ritz crackers sprayed with butter spray then toasted and you've got yourself some homemade mac and cheese.

Tonight's dinner:

DSC00030

A shredded lettuce and sweet onion salad with crumbled tomato and basil feta, ranch dressing, and ranch croutons, extra crispy fries, Friday's mozzarella sticks with a local restaurant's marinara sauce, homemade (by my supermarket) chicken tender with more ranch dressing.

And, because we ladies know that if your drink has zero calories so does your dinner, my beverage both nights:

DSC00024

A nice tall glass of ice water. :)

Oh, and I don't want to accidentally start any rumors, so: not baby cravings, the anti-baby cravings.

8 comments:

Poppy said...

I love ice water. I can't help myself. It's like crack.

bdogg_mcgee said...

I thought you were making the mozzarella sticks from scratch!!! :)

kris said...

Ice water and a diet coke! Perfection!

Oh, and the crispy fries didn't hurt.

Poppy said...

B, I was going to make them from scratch, but Hay has this habit of agreeing to things then later retracting. I'm not saying this is a bad trait, it just makes life confusing sometimes. :) So, we had pre-made sticks. I fought for ones from scratch, just didn't work out.

Lisa said...

Does anyone else see the face of Santa Claus in the cheese sauce?

Poppy said...

Woooooah. I do now!

Elizabeth said...

vive l'arrete de la coeur!

Poppy said...

Cock your head to the left so that the top of your head is at the 10 o'clock position and your chin is at the 4/5 o'clock position, then consider that one almost-ready-to-burst bubble his right eyeball. Each time I look at it now I'm even more convinced Santa inhabited my cheese sauce. I ATE SANTA. *crying*