Friday, November 11, 2005

Nothing says "I love you" like a replacement fleece

A few winters ago Hay's employer bought all employees and their spouses LL Bean fleeces. Hay and I grabbed matching black fleeces from the ginormous pile. We've worn them proudly ever since.

Last weekend Hay mistakenly grabbed my fleece then did some projects around the house involving spray foam. The fleece is now ruined. I was super disappointed because not only did he ruin my fleece, but he ruined our ability to walk down the street together in cute matching fleeces. I said my peace about it then dropped the issue.

Today Hay asked me what size fleece I wear then told me he wanted to buy me a replacement fleece.



I was so excited about this, how thoughtful of him to make the situation "right" again, and now he has a fleece for home projects! I have an LL Bean credit card which qualifies me for free regular shipping and I had a $10 coupon from purchases made with the credit card, so I ordered the fleece myself and it's actually a different color (Ultramarine), but it's really the thought that counts and his intention to buy me a new fleece was pure and noble. Thanks, Hay. :}

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm addicted to LL Bean fleeces (and LL Bean in general). I have three---even though I live in Austin!

Malnurtured Snay said...

You could even say, 'I got fleeced!' and mean it. Awesome!