Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The best damn chops I ever did have

Last night I made parm chops, recipe given to me by Bdiggety:

    Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
    Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

    Recipe Summary
    Difficulty: Easy
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 12 minutes
    Yield: 4 servings
    User Rating: (not shown)

    2 large eggs
    1 cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
    3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
    4 (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops (each about 10 to 12 ounces)
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    **6 tablespoons olive oil
    Lemon wedges, for serving

    Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.

    Heat **3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to plates and serve with lemon wedges.


B makes the following changes to this recipe: Instead of Italian-style bread crumbs, she uses Panko breadcrumbs and put in a couple teaspoons of Italian seasoning. She also bakes them at 350 for about 20-30 minutes instead of frying them.

Poppy makes the following changes: I didn't have Panko so I used extra crispy Shake 'N Bake to which I added Italian seasoning. I also didn't use the second egg yolk, because I just didn't see the need. I also didn't read the directions and dipped the chop in egg before coating it with parm. I pan fried mine because I love fried chops, but B's suggestion is so much healthier... **I'm confused by the recipe saying I need 6 T oil, so I just used the 3 T as instructed.

MAN, those chops were tasty. I was so anxious to eat them that I didn't bother with photos (and I was thinking of Bearette too, who probably skipped this post. Sorry, sweetie.)

2 comments:

Maman said...

But do you really believe that Ms De Laurentiis really eats those things that she makes? I think she looks too much like a booblehead doll to have a working esophagus.

Bearette said...

Hehe...thank you :)