Monday, April 03, 2006

M-u-r-r

Good morning, Internets!

I had a post but Blogger ate it.

Anyway, I was just going to tell you that I did a bunch of housework this weekend à cause de PMS. I tend to perform my wifely duties to the extreme at this time of the month. I'm not saying the house is sparkling, but Hay usually does laundry and instead I did all 8 loads yesterday. I also did 2 loads of dishes, cleaned the guest bathroom (for the men working on the porch), did the bills, and tidied up the kitchen, living room, and dining room.

And, now I'm going away on a (short) business trip so I won't be home to enjoy it. I know when I return it will be a disaster again. Hay and I generally live like slobs, that's just who we are. In fact, when the house is clean I actually obsess about its tidiness. Whenever my mom absolutely forced me to clean my room as a kid I couldn't sleep that night because I was thinking about everything being in its place and if there is something more I should have done. Clean and I don't mesh.

This morning Ripley tried to bite one of my cactuses. Needless to say? she did not enjoy the experience. She actually heaved afterwards, although I'm not sure there was anything in her mouth to heave out. I tried to check her tongue and face for prickles but she wouldn't let me. Poor girl. She knows not to mess with that plant anymore, eh?

I'm finally sending my camera off to be repaired. I'll be using the old digital camera, which I actually forgot I had before I sent out a feeler to others for a camera to borrow or rent. I took test photos of flowers yesterday - as long as the quality is set to super fine and the AF is set to flower we get along great. Otherwise, the photos are crappy.

I don't see how it would be likely, but I'm worried about not having my camera for June when the balloon show happens. Two years ago a ton of hot air balloons bombarded our sky and all I had was a 35mm camera. Last year the wind was not right so the balloons didn't come in our direction from two towns over where you have to pay $15 or $20 to get into the park. I know there is another balloon show that happens at another time of year in another county, but I have bad ex-boyfriend memories associated with it, so I never go. Isn't it weird to avoid an event because of old memories? I should just write that stuff down, chuck it, and move on with life. EH!

Hope your Monday is at least not disastrous.

xoxo,
~Poppy

6 comments:

Thérèse said...

Jeez Blogger. Always eating posts. It's always friggin hungry.

I find that when I am avoiding events or places because of weird memories, it's never as bad as I am making it out in my head and I go confront the issue. It usually turns out to be a particularly fantastic idea.

P'nut said...

Y-Your're g-going... away? Waaaaaah! Don't go!

Wait... will you be posting while you're gone?

Poppy said...

P'nut - I'm gone for like a day and a half. But, then my workday is hectic when I return so not sure when I'll have time to blog.

Thérèse - Good advice.

Bridg - Nuh uh. :)

Bryan said...

Must pay the internets gods every once in a while, or after a while all of your prayers to them will be heard in vain.

Poppy said...

Right on, Bry. Must sacrifice a post now and then to keep them happy. If they ever take any of my pictures, however, I might need to battle those godses. (Yah, I said godses. What?)

Anonymous said...

Nice Rack! And the t-shirt is nice to...