Thursday, April 27, 2006

Lady troubles and cravings

Excuse me for not being very entertaining while I experience phantom pain in areas of me that should not be able to feel pain. (I won't elaborate on that. Or, did you want me to?)

Since it's my time of the month for rage from my body for not letting Hay impregnate me I guess it's as good a time as any to succumb to my cravings and present to you my flickr food set. Teaser:

DSC01828.jpg

That's an eggplant parm. I don't eat eggplant, long story, but that sammy still looks FIERCELY tasty.

PS - I've decided to swear off alcohol for the foreseeable future. I didn't have any alcohol for a whole year because of the back meds. On my recent conference trip I had one beer. I hated the way it made me feel, meds or no meds. I don't need it in my life, and I'd rather drink water or soda. So. No more alcohol for this chick. (*tweet*)

4 comments:

bdogg_mcgee said...

Man, that all looks utterly divine!!

I especially dig on the antipasto platter.

When I come visit we're going there, and to the tea place, and to Ben & Jerry's...

I'll be staying for about a month, okay??

Poppy said...

As far as I'm concerned you can “visit” permanently. ;)

Elizabeth Tarney said...

I've sworn off alky-hol for a while too. I had a bad wine experience followed by a bad whiskey experience followed by another bad wine experience. I always feel awful after one drink - I think it's allergy related.

That sandwhich looks divine. Mama Mia, it's making me hungry!

Stefanie said...

Swearing off alcohol? That's just crazy talk. ;-)

But if for any reason you decide to move to the Twin Cities, I'll be happy to have a designated driver!