Sunday, April 23, 2006

I seriously need help. Seriously. No, really.

I just bought $200 worth of plants online. Before the last order has even arrived yet. I need to stop. When I say $200 I mean baby plants and bulbs, so you get a lot more for your dollar than if they're already mature. So, $200 for me just bought me all of the following.

I'm currently not sure when these will arrive:
    1 Dwarf Lemon Tree (household/indoor)
    2 Queen's Tears
    4 Forsythia
    24 Freesias
    1 Climbing Shell Plant
    12 Giant Hibiscus
    1 Perennial Bargain colleciton (including a mixture of some of the following: Delphinium, Balloon Flower, Liatris, Hen and Chicks, Astilbe, Painted Daisies, Golden Sundrops, Carnations, Bleeding Heart, Hibiscus, Dianthus, Hollyhocks, Columbine, Achillea, Japanese Iris, White Butterfly)
    3 Silver Fountain Grass
    6 Dwarf Burning Bush
    2 Perennial Sweet Pea
    4 Red Bud Trees
    6 Tree Bargains (whatever their surplus trees are is what I'll receive!)
    40 Gladiola Bulbs
    3 Red Wegelia Shrubs
    1 Windflower - Riot of Color
    3 Red Maple Trees
    10 Cushion Mums
    1 Potted Weeping Cherry
    2 French Pussy Willows

Items purchased now to be delivered in September:

    Ice Stick Tulip Bulbs
    Arum italicum Plant
    Firecracker Flower
    Cream of the Crop Tulips - Supers
    Flower Drift Daffodils
    White Lion Daffodils
    Replete Daffodils
    Tulip French Lace Mixture

*clappy hands* but guilty conscience.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Wow. I really need to plant stuff around my house this spring/summer, but I have no idea where to begin. Want to be my landscape designer?? (No seriously... come on... please?) ;-)

Poppy said...

Okay! You tell me what kind of land you're looking to landscape, if you're allergic to bees or other insects/animals, and what kind of sun the areas receive (North, South, East, West, full sun, shade) and I'll hook you up! Oh, are you interested in stone or a water feature? Raised beds? More shrubbery than flowers? This is so much fun!! Email me if you want! (Visit my profile if you didn't keep my address from when I emailed you like a bazillion months ago.)

Poppy said...

The best bargain is 4seasonsnurseries.com which has a larger inventory over at directgardening.com. The Direct Gardening folks actually sell preplanned gardens, which is really useful for folks who don't know what they're doing. (Stef, maybe this would be a great place to start?)

I also shopped at Breck's because we had a $35 off coupon, so really my $95 order was a $130 order. :D