Friday, June 01, 2007

Peeved

It annoys me greatly when trade books have mistakes in them.

If I may, I am going to call out a particular A+ Certification reference guide whose first prep test states:
    When looking for information related to the problem, which of the following is not considered to be a good source? Choose all that apply.

    A. Vendor manuals
    B. Service documentation
    C. Internet Web pages related to the product
    D. Competitive knowledge base

My answer: D

The book's WRONG answer:
    A, B, C. When looking for an answer related to a vendor's product, you might find some information on a competitor's knowledge base, but this is not typically going to be a good source of reference for you.

Contradiction.



2 comments:

Dan said...

Yeah, that can be frustrating. Especially when you're right.

Poppy said...

I wonder how many times I have taken a test and gotten a question "wrong" because the test maker miswrote their question and answer... I'm probably a super genius but standardized testing is flawed so makes me feel like just a regular genius...