Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bad things and good people should never have to meet.

Last night I spent several hours reading blogger posts and comments about Dawg and Puppy. Then I abruptly shut everything off and went to sleep. This morning I had terrible, terrible nightmares that I don't want to discuss and when I awoke Georgie was jumping onto the bed to spend time with me. She got on my chest and pushed her head into my hand to pet her. Then she gestured that she wanted to come under the covers with me. I petted her for a while then I just burst into tears and she didn't know what to do so she jumped down. I sat up on the side of the bed and cried some more ... those achy, sobby tears ... then brushed my teeth and took a shower and got dressed. When I came downstairs I did what I always do on Saturday which is go visit Avi for his Saturday vlog. I knew it would be about Dawg and Puppy. I was trying to be a champ about it, but as soon as I saw that in 15 hours we had contributed $1100 to Dawg I just lost it all over again. Because Adam is such a good person for organizing this. Because we love a blogger and show him our support. Because I can't take back that day for Dawg. Because I want to give Dawg a big hug and take his pain away.

I love you, Dawg. I love you, Puppy, and I miss you.


1 comment:

Tug said...

Last night before I went to sleep, I asked my brother to help Puppy cross over...he's in one set of good hands, plus all others meeting him.

And yeah, I cried again at the goodness of people while watching Avi's vlog.