Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The FAA has a headache.

I like the fact that CNN now does story highlights so that I don't actually have to take the time to read entire articles if I just want the facts, Ma'am. (DCMM, that wasn't directed at you. :) Like this article, for instance:



Do you believe in UFOs, alien lifeforms, etc.? Does my answer affect your readership? Did you see/read the ending to Contact? Then you know my answer. And, in case you'd not thought of it before: On any planet other than Earth we're considered the aliens.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I believe that it would be rather arrogant of us to assume we are the only intelligent beings in the universe.

And I don't think that the existence of other life "out there" contradicts Christian religious beliefs whatsoever. Just my two cents.

Anonymous said...

If God is so great, I'm sure s/he created more than one planet. I would get bored of Earth pretty quickly, too. I agree with jen - it's arrogant to think we're the end-all be-all of life in the universe. If the universe is a pond, we're probably algae. Smaller, even. Protozoa.

The CNN highlights are very nice. They make it hard to want to get through the whole article sometimes.

BelchSpeak said...

Steven Spielberg was recently baffled that, with the increase of electronic monitoring and the wide availability of recording devices such as video cameras, why arent there more ufo sightings today than twenty years ago?

I think the answer is clear. There is no photographic evidence of UFO's because they simply do not exist.

There may be life on other planets, but given the immense travelling distance any visitor must go to get here, and the limits of physics such as the light barrier, there is no chance that any other species has visited this planet.

And we are still listening for radio waves to indicate intelligent life and have yet to locate anywhere yet that has developed radio based communications. Check out www.seti.org

Avitable said...

I hope there are. Where's the fun in being the only beings in the universe?