1. The soundtrack to Until the End of the World. The saddest soundtrack to one of the saddest movies of all time. If you need a cry this is the soundtrack for you. The playlist:
- Opening Titles - David Darling
- Sax And Violins - Talking Heads
- Summer Kisses, Winter Tears - Julee Cruise
- Move With Me (Dub) - Neneh Cherry
- The Adversary - Crime & The City Solution
- What's Good - Lou Reed
- Last Night Sleep - CAN
- Fretless - R.E.M.
- Days - Elvis Costello
- Claire's Theme - David Darling
- (I'll Love You) Till The End Of The World - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- It Takes Time - Patti Smith & Fred Smith
- Death's Door - Depeche Mode
- Love Theme - David Darling
- Calling All Angels - Jane Siberry with k.d. lang
- Humans From Earth - T-Bone Burnett
- Sleeping In The Devil's Bed - Daniel Lanois
- Until The End Of The World - U2
- Finale - David Darling
My favorites are 2, 3, 4, 11, 13, 15, and 18. The movie is one of the best William Hurt films of his career, à mon avis. He's been in a lot of amazing films, so please consider adding this to your WH belt. I've only ever seen it on VHS, so you might have trouble finding it in the states.
2. Underwater People by The Samples. An old boyfriend introduced me to The Samples. This album in particular is my favorite. The songs Feel Us Shaking and Giants (Without Hearts) both make me cry.
- Underwater People (live)
- My Town (Meltdown)
- Braidwood (acoustic)
- Giants (live)
- After the Rain (live)
- Moonlit Treese
- Overthrow (live)
- Feel Us Shaking (acoustic)
3. And, finally, something that makes me laugh so hard I cry, the first season of The Office (US). Although the first season only contains six episodes it's still worth owning. I challenge anyone to intelligently (without attacking me, because that's not intelligent) defy the goodness of this show without comparing it to the UK version.