Tuesday, February 27, 2007

yummy to my tummy; not yummy to my tummy



I do normally chew with my mouth closed, because I was raised properly in that one respect, but I think I may have just inhaled an entire snack bag of Lay's salt & vinegar chips without bothering to chew. NUM. In case you were wondering what Poppy's all-time favorite chip flavor is, you just found out. The brand of chip is inconsequential, just keep the vinegar coming to me.
Conversely, I'm not so keen on the Godiva dark chocolate coffee drink. Believe it or not (I don't), it's too sweet. These words come from a woman who adds 3-4 teaspoons of sugar to 8 oz of coffee. I guess I don't like Belgian chocolate mixed with coffee, because my tongue loves the sweet Starbucks equivalent which is made with American-made Ghirardelli, I believe. Don't get me wrong, I loooooove Belgian chocolates, especially when I'm standing in Belgium at the time, but I think they're complex enough without adding a coffee element to distract from their unique flavor. Anyone else have a comment about this? I assure you I don't prefer American chocolate over chocolates of the world, considering my favorite chocolates are Cadbury (made in England, not the Hershey kind) and Lindt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Lindt chocolate man - and I likes me some some Starbucks.

Coffee and chocolate were meant to be strong and dark. I usually drink my coffee black; however, some morning you need that sweet wake-up. :)

lizgwiz said...

I LOVE salt and vinegar chips. I had them for the first time in England a bazillion years ago, and was so excited when they came out in American. Salt, vinegar, potatoes, grease--what's not to love?