Wednesday, February 28, 2007

handwriting

Depending on what I'm doing my handwriting changes drastically. Following are examples of different styles of writing I have. Click on any image to enlarge. The only doctored one is the grocery list, from which I removed Hay's real name. The rest are not identifying in any way, but you're welcome to read every single line of every single page image and see for yourself. :)

Live meeting notes (from a live webcast I “attended” yesterday; the inspiration for this post):





Study notes (from a C++ class I took back in 2002):





Homework notes (same C++ class):





Grocery list (from a few years ago -- no more kitten chow for the girls):





Take-out order for me and Hay:





Brainstorming (with myself) notes:





Live presentation (from a conference at MIT in 2003):



(Please note that LDAP + Kerberos + OS X has come a long way in 4+ years so none of that information is particularly relevant anymore. Like you care.)


In case it's not obvious, I keep all my notes. :) I'm guessing if my handwriting were to be analyzed it would say: crazy, sociopath, psycho, schizophrenic, and a host of other buzz words to do with general unfitfulness. Take-out order is my favorite.


The more thoughtful I am about the subject the better my penmanship becomes. Hay makes me do all the holiday cards because he thinks my handwriting is pretty. I'm flattered and ungrateful at the very same time! ;)

2 comments:

Avitable said...

I personally addressed all of our wedding invitations in cursive script with a fountain pen. It looked amazing. Usually, my handwriting is chicken scratch, but 8 years of private school where I had to write with a penny balanced on my hand trained me to write well if I need to.

Stefanie said...

I can't believe you have a grocery list from YEARS ago. You aren't kidding when you say you save ALL your notes! :-)

I don't do much journal-writing anymore, but when I did, I'd often have entries that started with handwriting that was very neat and legible and round, and six or seven pages later were much more scrawled and hard to read. It's weird how much your handwriting can change even in the same sitting.