Sunday, February 18, 2007

General Tso's Tofu

Thanks to Slashfood for the recipe which I modified in the following ways: tofu replaces chicken; no egg used for the tofu coating; added only 1 tsp red pepper; mixed 4 Tbsp water with 1 tsp corn starch and 2 Tbsp brown sugar to add sweetness and extra thickness to the sauce.

General Tso's tofu, jasmati rice, fried rice
General Tso's tofuFried rice and jasmati rice for General Tso's tofu

The white rice is jasmati. The fried rice is jasmati, Kikkoman spice packet, bacon, sweet onion, and egg (directions from the Kikkoman package).

And, since I didn't use chicken in the recipe, here's a bit of chicken for your viewing pleasure:



Ahhh, I love that show...

2 comments:

don't call me MA'AM said...

That looks delicious! Think I'm gonna have to try it myself.

And I love AD so much. Some guy I work with tries to do the chicken, but it just doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

You appear to be a culinary goddess. Now if they just made monitors lickable...