Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Idol saves another career; TRL cancelled?

I saw Robyn Troup on Ellen last week performing with the other two hopefuls in a competition to take the stage with Justin Timberlake at the Grammys (“My Grammy Moment”). Robyn won that competition so her name has been kinda everywhere. Here's her performance with JT directly after Jennifer Hudson announced her as the winner of the competition:



Last night during group performances on AI I watched Robyn be cut by Paula, Randy, and Simon. Granted, there were something like 3 women to every one man so the judges had a lot of lady cuttin' to do, but I'm always a bit of a conspiracy theorist on things like this and wonder if Idol cut her because this other opportunity came up for Robyn after she already got her golden ticket, or if Robyn's performance just wasn't up to par with the other ladies who made it through group night.

Seems like the biggest stars of Idol are the ones who get cut. (I am not a fan of Kelly Clarkson. I can't do it. She freaks me out visually and I just don't think that her vocals are that interesting.)


Totally unrelated: I just read over at I'm Not Obsessed that Jossip scooped the cancellation of MTV's TRL. I didn't think that show could ever be cancelled. What will MTV do now?! Oh. Right. More episodes of My Supah Dupah Nexted RW/RR Cribs Challenge.

No comments: