Saturday, February 24, 2007

About being chatty

I can't help it, I have a lot of things to say that I don't think of, or don't know I have to say, all at once. If I don't write them down in my blog they spin around in my head like an unfinished task and I obsess about them. That's why I post so much in any given day, thus diluting my potential comment pool. I am certainly jealous of all the bloggers who get a great comment session going, but I would rather be OCD about clicking on the [Check Mail] button for new comments than about all the random events that happen to me, so here's another one that relates to chattiness.

A few weeks back I mentioned that Hay and I were going out to test drive cars. What I never mentioned after that is that we decided on a car that very same day and picked it up the Monday following. Totally by chance my father had been in talks with a car dealership in a more southernly county to purchase the exact same vehicle as ours. When we showed him our vehicle he wanted the exact same color as ours. And, since we really enjoyed our salesperson we convinced my dad to use the exact same dealership as ours. This probably wouldn't be quite so weird except my dad is our next door neighbor. So, Poppyland has two of the exact same car, with license plates that are almost identical.

In today's mail we received a letter:



We have a $50 gift card to go out to dinner. Yip! Perhaps after we see Reno 911!: Miami? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't turn into one of those "one-a-day", or worse yet, "once-a-week" bloggers. I like that you post things as they pop into your head.

Anonymous said...

Ah, unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of time to post every waking moment - but I love to post when I can! I try to make efforts to write interesting things but school and work always come first. :/

I also want to go see Reno 911!, it' soooooo silly. XD I usually hate those things, but these people are so ridiculous. Kind of why I like watching MTV's 'Jackass'.)

Avitable said...

That's awesome, and a very savvy idea on the part of the dealership. Enjoy your car food.

Poppy said...

Molly - I don't think I'm capable... Thanks for liking me just the way I am.

Spencer - You need a personal assistant to write your blog posts for you. Or, you should just get a microphone for an iPod so you can talk directly into it then have your personal assistant upload the audio posts.

Avi - Thanks. The restaurant is close to where we work so we'll probably go sometime this week. The advantage of carpooling!

Anonymous said...

I'll never have a personal assistant for that sort of thing (not even for work) because then all personalization flies away.

I DO have a microphone; maybe I should use audio-to-text blogging. That would be cool. I've also been thinking of making a daily Fotoblog; that would be really cool. :)