Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rumbly tumbly

My stomach is doing somersaults today. I really wanted to go to work today (don't laugh) but couldn't be away from a bathroom for more than 15 minutes while awake. This condition began at 2:40am and has been literally kicking my ass ever since.

I started reading The Cuckoo's Egg by Cliff Stoll. The story is great, even if Cliff's ability to deliver suspense is a bit odd. He keeps trying to draw his reader in by giving us a hint of the future, rather than just giving us the story. It's actually a bit comical. The story itself is definitely no laughing matter. It's an early example of cracking into computing services for the ultimate gain of profit. If you're at all into computers this is actually something you should have read already, but for some reason my random way of falling into computers at 13 leaves odd gaps in my knowledge of computing history. I even took a computing history class in college but perhaps the story was too new.

Time to go eat Jasmati. Happy Tuesday, Internets.

Oh, one more thing. Last night Hay and I watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and we both agree it was the best movie we've seen in a long time. Very quirky, very unexpected. Watch it, you'll love it. If not, then I'll refund the money you gave me, which was $0. :D

4 comments:

P'nut said...

My sympathies on the tummy situation, I recently had a bad experience myself and it's no fun. :(

I'll add Kiss Kiss Bang Bang to my list of "TO SEE" movies. Thanks!

Poppy said...

Warning, P - Val Kilmer says the 'c' word. But, only once this time, I swear!

Poppy said...

Merideth, thank you. I am not quite yet better, but somehow Bisquick biscuits seemed like a good idea for dinner...

Jasmati is basmati rice with jasmine. It's the only rice we buy, we love it that much.

Elsa said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.