Friday, June 30, 2006

I was stood up.

To all who were wondering what happened with my friend from the convenience store: She never showed. I called the number she had given me and I was told she was not there, which is better than it being a wrong number, but still doesn't let me know if she was coming or not. I waited half an hour then I went grocery shopping.

I had gone to Old Navy before our scheduled meeting time and got a new messenger bag, which I love.



I don't like to carry around a girly purse to work, so the messenger bag rocks. I can keep all my gadgets in it!

I'll try again with my pal after the holiday weekend. I don't think the stoodupedness was intentional. She was the one who suggested we have coffee in the first place. Maybe I'm gullible. Maybe I offended her. Maybe it totally slipped her mind. Maybe I dreamed that I made the date with her. When I came home and told Hay that she never showed he was so sweet. He immediately told me he was sorry she did that, and that it's not me, that I'm a great person. He read my mind and fixed my bad thoughts. :} That's why I love him, he holds me up when I can't stand. I do the same for him when I can, although I admit I need it way more than he does. (I front security and strength, but really deep down I'm very fragile and insecure...)

6 comments:

jules said...

That is very strange?! She didn't even call?! Maybe an emergency of some sort came up? Hm ..

Elizabeth Tarney said...

I'm sorry she stood you up! I would have called no matter how dire the emergency! I have a low tolerance for flakers and in turn would never flake on anyone.

Anyway, you deserve better. But you did get that extremely cute bag, so all was not lost!

Elsa said...

I'm sorry she didn't show up, but she might have misunderstood the time or date or place?? That's what I always think when someone is late, but I usually question my understanding. I start doubting the place that we said we would meet or the time or even the date. I've never misunderstood, but that's where my mind goes first.

Spider Walk said...

I have had that happen too. She probably got the date wrong. I bet when she realized it she felt like such a heel. Hay is right...it's NOT you. Who ever in their right mind would intentionally stand you up?

I love the new bag--it's functional and trendy...PERFECT!

Helen said...

Great Bag!
Peace...........

P'nut said...

I, too, hope she got confuzzled with the meeting arrangements. I also agree that if she made the first move to go for coffee, you can't think being stood up is in any way related to you... it's possible she's just flaky & forgetful, or maybe she has a hectic or disastrous life.