Tuesday, June 13, 2006

In related news

I hate it when I pull the muscle in my back that is behind my heart because then I constantly fear that I am having a heart attack. Ya know?

Last night I planted the left porch bed. I had planted a right porch bed before I left on my trip, but Hay had not had the chance to dig out the bed for me before I left. It's pretty much a mirror image of the right bed, although some of the trees and flowers are different. The general pattern of the beds is the same -- trees in the back row then flowers in the front two rows. I think it will look awesome when the plants mature.

I totally forgot to go through my May 30 photos which would have been part of the June 4th Sunday Garden Party set, and hence the combined June 4 plus June 11 sets. So, on June 18 I will include May 30 photos. There are some truly beautiful images in that set, so I need to publish them.

I think I'm all done with the crush on my instructor. I know, short lived. I didn't want to have it in the first place, so the faster I get over it the better. I was speaking with another blogger about having crushes after being married. I'm convinced it happens to all of us. Am I right? I can't really help who I find interesting, but I can choose not to act upon the crush. Which is what I did in this case. And any crush cases. Because I'm married. To Hay. And I like him. A lot. Fellow bloggers, I truly wish to hear from you on this subject. If you are married or have been, or have been in serious relationships, did you crush on others?

Here's a random photo I took at Hay's grandmother's birthday party a few weeks ago:



Hay's cousin's son carries this container of bugs, frogs, snakes, and lizards around with him. He's 4(ish), so it just makes sense. Speaking of crushes, that little boy is just the cutest thing since pie, and he was crushing hard on me. His mom (Hay's cousin) teased him that I was his girlfriend. He was a little embarrassed, but then he hugged me. :) Little kids can get away with that, but you know if some guy had tried to do that to me* he woulda got the goo-goo kick.


---
*Earlier I said “do that to him he woulda” which was a Freudian slip. I meant do that to me. Doy. Apologies to all who thought I suddenly turned into a child molester.

10 comments:

melissa said...

I think crushes are normal. I've had a coupla different ones, but never acted on them.

*shrug*

We're married. Not blind. ;)

Mel said...

I agree. Crushes are totally normal. If it goes beyong crush... well, then there's an issue.

Glad you're home, Poppy! ;)

... said...

I have had crushes since being married...figure they are normal. Just don't act on them and would never know if they were reciprocated anyhow...

... said...

Oh, and awesome pic...love it.

acw said...

I think crushes are normal. I think people see something that they like in someone else, and they build that someone else into more than they actually are. When we crush on other people we always forget about the many irritating things that those crushes might do. Or we might not realize that the crush is a prick to begin with because all we notice is how funny (or whatever) they are. Crushes, though very palpable, are rarely founded in reality.

Sara said...

i've been married 5 years and have had crushes since then. never acted on one, never will.

-R- said...

Yep, it's normal.

Nessa said...

I agree with everyone above. We're amrried, not dead.

What kind of camera do you have?

don't call me MA'AM said...

It seems a little worthless for me to reply, but I'm basically "ditto-ing" everyone above.

The thing about crushes is that they're rarely worth doing anything about. A crush is an impulse... not someone to fall in love with. When I met my husband, the feeling was more like WHAMMO! than a crush. :-) And I don't plan on screwing that up. Not even for Hugh Jackman. (well, maybe for Hugh Jackman)

Miss Scarlet said...

<3 that picture. And the way I sit at work makes that muscle really tight and every afternoon I'm convined I'm downplaying a heart attack or something=/