Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Quand le chat quitte la maison le chien mange du poulet.*

Oh, hey! Hi! How are ya? Listen, again I was busy today. So, um... *cluck* Yah.

I took Allie to the vet. I've almost convinced her (the vet) that Allie is psycho at home despite her completely cool demeanor while with the vet. Almost. I said I'd bring in videos next time of Allie being absolutely bonkers in between purring moments.

Tomorrow I'm having coffee with a new friend. I met her at the convenience store. She works there. I like her. She likes me. What more needs to happen? We exchanged numbers and made a date for tomorrow. She's a bit younger than I am but already has two kiddos, so she's already way more mature than I ever could hope to be right now. Looking forward to it, but very nervous about it. I've just been burned a lot of times at this point when trying to start and maintain friendships in adulthood. And, come to think of it, I've had issues of friendship abandonment my whole life. Granted, I was usually the one moving away and therefore terminating the friendship, but there was that one time when I tried my hardest to maintain a friendship between states, and ... nope, not successful. In fact, that friend would later in life make me choose between her and my guy friend who was my very best friend at the time. I chose wisely. She gave an unrealistic ultimatum. He is still one of my very good friends, she is now my unspoken enemy. The end.

Hay and I are having fried dinner. I need to go write down what I want so my lovely husband will order it for me. Happy Tuesday, and likely Wednesday, which is as busy as today. Yip, yip!


---
*Did you notice that makes no sense? :)

7 comments:

don't call me MA'AM said...

When the cat leaves the house, the dog eats chicken? FUNNY!! I clucked just from reading it.

New friends are fun. I met a girl at a convention once, and we just clicked. We had a nice lunch together... good new girlfriends are always a treasure. Good luck.

Stefanie said...

1. Nope, I didn't notice that your title made no sense, because nothing you write in French ever makes any sense to me. ;-)

2. You made a new friend at the convenience store? Wow. Cool, I guess... I can't even get up the nerve to ask the very nice girl I've had small-talk with in my yoga class for a year now out for coffee or something after class. I don't make friends with strangers in public places, I guess.

3. "Fried dinner"? That could mean any number of things--probably nearly all of them tasty. :-)

Nessa said...

I have a hard time making a date with people I've known for 10 years.

You are braver than I am.

Maman said...

Le titre de votre blog je me souviens de quand ma chat assis a la tarte d'abricot. C'est un histoire vrai, unfortunement.

Elsa said...

Good luck with your new friend. I hope it works out.

BTW, a friend who gives you an ultimatum between her and another friend is no friend at all or just VERY insecure.

P'nut said...

I really enjoyed that post. I'm not exactly sure why, though, but I think it has something to do with how impressed I am that you can make a fast friend of a stranger and take the leap to giving your number & getting together. Good for you! I'm like Stefanie further up there in the comments... I have a difficult time with things like that. Well done, girlfriend! Be sure to let us know if you have a rockin' good time.

P'nut said...

Oh, almost forgot... as for Allie... EFFIN' HILARIOUS!!