Monday, June 05, 2006

Blog withdrawal

The day today was long. They only get longer from here. And, all day is lecture sans computers. So, this is my only time to check in with everyone. It's a bit difficult to hold out all day. :)

I'm pretty sure I ate about three day's worth of food and beverage today. Whenever I'm on the road I go a little “yay, Mom and Dad are outta the house and the babysitter said I could eat anything” crazy. I am on the cusp of 32, I really need to pace myself. It's not like the awesome food is going anywhere. If I count up what I had today, it goes a little something like following: two coffees with cream and extra sugar, oatmeal with brown sugar, bacon with maple syrup, seasoned potatoes, coffee with cream and extra sugar, Pepsi, Pepsi, pasta with pesto sauce, roast beef, salad with cheese and ranch dressing, a slice of chocolate cake, Pepsi, a poppable size pastry of some sort, some M&Ms, coffee with milk (no more cream) and extra sugar, Smart Food popcorn, sour cream and onion chips, and 1/5 of a piece of chocolate chocolate tower cake from Outback. I think another Pepsi's thrown in their somewhere. It's just waaaaay more calories than I usually consume in a day, and last night's dinner was huge as well so I'm starting to worry about chunking up on this trip. I'll cut out the water, huge breakfast, meat at lunch, and junky stuff at night and I should be back on track. It's so hard to eat right when on the road. A banana is sitting right in front of me unpeeled.

I took the gamble, brought the camera to the conference, and tonight when I called Hay he told me that balloons went over the house tonight. Eff. A. ing. Put it all together. Ugh. I did get some good shots today, but I'm sad we missed out on the balloon pics. My dad did take some photos, but history predicts that I shall never see those photos. I just recently received photos from 38 years ago (my mom and dad's wedding) after they'd been in storage for 18 years. My parents have been divorced since 1977. Either way, it's a long time to get those photos. I'm not holding my breath another 38 years for balloon pics.

Hay is filling in with my cat duties while I'm away, which is very sweet of him to do. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yes, the cats love him every day, but they'll love him more if he gives them treats and plays feather stick with them. Oh, and scoops the poopies, although we didn't talk about that one. ;) Georgie won't let Hay not scoop the boxes. Her alert cry is not ignorable.

I'm off to watch the finale of The Apprentice and check in on folks. Au revoir encore. :)

8 comments:

Nessa said...

That water will bloat you every time.

don't call me MA'AM said...

Being away from home is always a good excuse to eat.

There are balloons that go over our house EVERY SINGLE NICE DAY. So, I will take some pictures and send them to you.

Have a great time! And take good pics to show us.

Newlywife said...

I knew I liked you...

Sour Cream and Onion, Chocolate, and roast beef...what a combo! I'm like you, when I'm away it's like I forgot to pack self control!

Elsa said...

I can totally relate about eating anything and everything when you're away. Everytime I go on vacation it's like that - food crazy! And of course, you regret it the minute you step back into reality. But at least its fun while it lasts! :-)

Poppy said...

I promise that I tried to be good today, but instead I just shifted my eating. Day 2's meals...

Breakfast: Coffee with cream and extra sugar, watermelon, pineapple, part of a bran scone (yuck), a single oat & honey granola bar, coffee with cream and extra sugar.

Lunch: Pasta with garlic sauce, a small piece of pork loin roast, two rolls with two (total) pats of butter, iced tea with extra sugar, small scoop of vanilla ice cream with Heath bar bits, Reece's Pieces bits, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and sprinkles, Pepsi.

Dinner: Pepsi, BK fries, BK chicken sammy, BK Coke, banana from day 1 breakfast, Smart Food from day 2 snack time.

Yesterday I also had a spearmint hard candy. Today I had a peppermint hard candy.

Did I mention that I am loving my conference? I love it. I could really enjoy just always going to conferences around the world to listen to different security/risk assessors speak. I live for this sh!t.

Poppy said...

Let's see if I can remember today...

Breakfast: Grande iced mocha with whip, watermelon, pineapple, mini bagel with cream cheese.

Lunch: Iced tea with extra sugar, double helping of Jasmine rice with one pat of butter, two rolls with two (total) pats of butter, chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting and chocolate shavings, peanut butter cookie.

Snack: One sip of coffee (rest chucked for the Pepsi to be mentioned). Smartfood and two Pepsis.

Dinner: Fettucine Alfredo (just a bit). (Water with lemon.)

I'm doing better...? I just hope that I've not gained 10 lbs. I understand 5, but 10 will make me very unhappy.

Poppy said...

Today...

Breakfast: Coffee with cream and extra sugar, watermelon, pineapple, donut hole, granola bar, coffee with cream and extra sugar.

Lunch: Mashed potatoes with butter, roll with butter, cheese sammie (two pieces of cheese, mayo, one piece of wheat bread), pickle, iced tea with two sugars.

Snack: Two pastrie-cookies and a Pepsi.

Dinner: A Chilis ground peppercorn burger (with those onion ring-type things on it), fries.

Dessert-to-be: Two more pastrie-cookies, je pense.

Hmm. It's at least exciting to blog this.

Poppy said...

The final day...

Breakfast: Mini chocolate croissant, pineapple, peach yogurt, two coffees with cream and extra sugar.

Lunch: Jasmine rice, pork loin, chocolate chocolate chocolate cake.

Snack: Pepsi

Dinner: Two fresh rolls with spiced olive oil, two fresh-squeezed lemonades, white pizza with three cheeses, garlic, and caramelized onions, and chocolate mousse.

Now I'm back home and am all done eating crazy. Somehow I lost weight on the trip! No idea how!!