Friday, May 06, 2005

The Cybershot has arrived!

Guess who received her new digital camera today?! Me! I gambled and didn't buy an extra memory stick, it came with a 32 MB stick. I have learned that this is definitely not sufficient, only takes 15 pictures in default (super high quality) mode, so I have orded a 512MB stick. There are 1, 2, and 4 GB sticks but my friends cautioned me not to put all my eggs in one basket. Anyway, here's one of the first pictures with the camera, Georgie checking out the backyard view from the kitchen sink:

2 comments:

Edgar said...

nice..im trying to get the camera but for free lol well at least im trying.

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=27044380
what about the video feature?

Poppy said...

My only two criticisms of the video: 1. sometimes the movie goes in and out of focus, not sure what it's doing then, it's like it pulsates from blurry to clear; 2. when in movie mode you have to take whatever lighting you have, can't brighten the location with a flash/light from the camera itself.

Also, I would have appreciated more than a 3x optical zoom. Hard to get close-ups of wildlife without scaring them off, and there's no attachment clip for adding on a zoom extender. But I still gets some fantastic photos! If you want to see, everything at my flickr space was taken with the Cybershot.