Sunday, May 29, 2005

DMB and sacrifice

My first time ever hearing Dave Matthews Band was at a concert that my friend-boyfriend-friend (we had a complicated on-off relationship) took me to see. DMB's music was so enchanting that I was hooked by the very first song they played. I have never lost that love - I buy every album they produce and I wear it out. Whenever I hear DMB I want to hug someone tightly, so much so that it feels like a craving. My husband hates DMB, can't stand Dave's voice. So, that's a bit of a conflict for me. He wants no hugs when he hears Dave, he wants to just turn the station or radio dial or change the CD or click the next song in iTunes. But, because he loves me he leaves the station or radio or CD or iTunes playlist right where it is and he gives me a hug if I ask him to. :)

No comments: