Wednesday, May 18, 2005

You always (get) hurt (by) the ones you love

I love cheese. I eat it every single day of my life. I'm not kidding.

Tonight I was trying to do too much at once and when I grabbed a vented sack of broccoli with cheese out of the microwave the sack folded in a way I hadn't anticipated and molten hot lava cheese slipped through the vent opening and latched onto the entire length of my thumb. Shit, fuck, and damn are my words of choice when I get burned, so I said those words a bunch as I switched on the cold water and shoved my hand underneath until my whole hand was numb.

Right now I have ointment gooed all over my thumb, and it's pretty darn hard to type. So, pardon my brevity in words for the next few days' worth of posts while I heal. :)

1 comment:

Poppy said...

I promise you I will never stop eating cheese unless ordered to do so for life-or-death health reasons. I've even choked on the gooey cheese from pizza several times, but cheesy godness call my name every day. Hot, cold, room temperature -- it's all good to me. And, the stinkier the better!