Wednesday, May 18, 2005

That's what I get for my obsession

Got tagged just because I visited Might Mama's site.

So, here goes:

1) Total number of books I've owned
Seriously, I have no idea. Hundreds. Probably not 1,000 but I'd say more than 500. In the event that my maternal grandmother passes away I will potentially inherit thousands.

2) Last book I bought
The Bitch Posse by Martha O'Connor


3) Last book I read
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown


4) 5 books that mean a lot to me
  1. A Confederacy of Dunces by the late, great John Kennedy Toole

  2. A Picnic In the Park by Malinda R. Miller

  3. Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison

  4. 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

  5. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

  6. BONUS: J'accuse par Emile Zola

  7. BONUS: Go Tell It On the Mountain by James Baldwin


I'm not going to tag anyone. If you want to use the questions, please feel free to post your own preferences.

1 comment:

Poppy said...

The Confederacy of Dunces main character name is Ignatius Reilly. Did you see the book was going to be made into a movie (Will Ferrell, Drew Barrymore, Lily Tomlin, Mos Def) but the project got dropped. :( When I was younger I wrote a Confederacy of Dunces part II. It's in my junk room in a bag. It's not good, and is a short story, not a full version. I want to be a writer, but ... ... yah. It's hard. :)

J'accuse is a very important literary piece in French history. If your French is rusty, try the English version, it's a complex subject.

Metamorphosis is just such a twisted kick in the ass. I mean, who wakes up a cockroach? (Besides a cockroach, or a really badly behaved Buddhist?)

I appreciate you thinking I'm cool.