Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I knew that...

I don't specifically practice religion or spirituality, but I did take a few classes on Eastern religion in college and the one I most identified with was Buddhism, so I'm not surprised with these results:

You scored as Buddhism. Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already.

In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism

83%

Paganism

50%

Hinduism

50%

agnosticism

50%

Satanism

46%

Judaism

42%

Islam

42%

Christianity

33%

atheism

29%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com


I have a few rather large obstacles to becoming a Buddhist:
  1. I eat animal flesh.

  2. I am a kind hearted person but learned early in childhood to defend myself with poisonous retaliation. The words and actions that come from me when I feel attacked are somehow not my own, like I am possessed for a moment.

  3. I'm bitter about the general state of unkindness in the world.

  4. I'm embarrassed to call attention to myself by telling others that I am different from them.
If I can overcome these obstacles I probably will become a Buddhist.

1 comment:

JJ said...

I'm shocked! I took the test and expected Atheism or even Buddhism, but I scored 100% Satanism!

Here's what else it said:
"Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes. Do some research if you immediately think of the satanic cult stereotype."

I'm totally freaking out.