Monday, May 23, 2005

Why do we blog?

I don't want your money. I am not an actor, or writer, or any member of the entertainment industry. So, why do I come here to author my short and long tales, not-so-mainstream opinions, and abstruse witicisms? My answer: it's just therapeutic.

I originally was just a blog reader. I am thirsty for entertainment news, so I would do Google searches for entertainment sites. I first came across popdirt which satiated my need for pop news. But, soon my craving became boundless, and I did more and more Google searches until I found cityrag which I loved reading passively. Tales of Buddy the Wonderdog sprinkled in with celebrities around NYC made me feel like I was in the know.

Then, one day, I found "black lilly" at city who had come to NYC for a visit and posted some wonderful pics of her time (including one of Buddy's polaroid on the wall at Sugar Sweet Sunshine!) for blogreaders to marvel over. I visited her site and was hooked. She was so raw, so open, so unabashedly opinionated. She convinced me that I, too, could blog. And, she knows she is my muse because I've told her so. Blog started, and here we are today, with black lilly no longer confused so she has metamorphosed into Tiger Lilly, a beautifull fllower ( :) ) with a sharp edge, and me "forkin' it all over" to a certain extent - daring to give you a little more information about myself, but not too much (unless you give first).

I have to wonder, though: which stumbling block will make me stop blogging? The birth of my first child? (Not to worry, no bun in this oven yet.) The death of a close family member or friend? Blogger block? A(nother) mean commenter? A new hobby which consumes my blogging time? Nothing - I keep blogging infinitely with my secret identity preserved? I guess time will tell for me.

So, why do you blog? Discuss.

No comments: