Monday, May 30, 2005

You want to hire me, you really do

Kate's World Blog has a doublemint post, the second half of which is a collection from the June 21, 1997 Fortune Magazine of resume bloopers. Here are a select few from the list:
  1. "I have lurnt Word Perfect 6.0 computor and spreasheet progroms."
  2. "It's best for employers that I not work with people."
  3. "Let's meet, so you can 'ooh' and 'aah' over my experience."
  4. "I have become completely paranoid, trusting completely no one and absolutely nothing."
  5. "I procrastinate, especially when the task is unpleasant."
  6. "Note: Please don't misconstrue my 14 jobs as 'job-hopping'. I have never quit a job."
  7. "Finished eighth in my class of ten."
  8. "References: none. I've left a path of destruction behind me."
I'm definitely hiring these candidates...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, the last one is like me. my boyfriend told me i burn bridges

dorna! said...

Ah, but you must admire the honesty, so refreshing.

Anonymous said...

My local paper runs a short list of these resume boners every Sunday. I think I'm burned out on them at this point...

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha my husband just ended the job hunting process, he's gonna laugh!