Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Things you don't know about me

I have visited three unrelated blogs today which have lists of things you didn't know about their author. Crazy! I prefer to be more anonymous, so I'll give you just a few things that are kind of brags, but I'm proud of them:
  1. In college I took French, Spanish, German, and Chinese all in the same semester and got a 4.0 GPA for that semester.

  2. I have also studied American Sign Language and Italian, and would love to study many more languages in my lifetime.

  3. My Bachelor's degree is in French, with a minor in Asian Studies. (A far cry from my hope of achieving a BS in pre-veterinary science...)

  4. In August, 2001 I tried to teach myself Arabic in hopes that the NSA would hire me for a job. They didn't hire me, and then 9/11 happened so I became too chicken to further my studies of Arabic. Also, it's REALLY HARD to learn if you don't have someone helping out. I only remember how to say "hello" and "if Allah wills it".

I actually post #1 on my resume, because I'm not an overachiever like everyone else so I don't have lists and lists of awards. In fact, the only awards I do possess are ones from grade school for mastering my multiplication tables, etc.

3 comments:

kris said...

Indeed! I still think back to winning the 8th grade language arts award. If it were more acceptable, I might put it on my mantle.

Unknown said...

Wow! You can alomst live anywere you want. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

I speak a little bit of Arabic, so I went nuts and got a tutor for my kid and now she reads Arabic fluently.....I am living vicariously through her! I hope the FBI visits and accuses her of espionage!