Monday, April 18, 2005

ignorant reflections

Yesterday I watched the first episode of Sheer Dallas, which takes the place of Town Haul (hi, Gen!) in my Dish DVR recordings. I have to get this out of the way, because I feel some pretty heightened guilt for this. When there were 4 minutes left in the recording my husband decided to wander over to the couch and proceed to mock the show's characters. I eventually stopped the recording and used my most bitter of tones and face to blurt out "shut the fuck up!" Yah, I said it. To my own husband. Some days I'm honestly not sure why he puts up with me. How rude is that? IT's really rude! If he ever did that to me I'd cry spousal abuse! So, yah, turnabout is fair play, and I'm a meanie. Sigh.

Back to Sheer Dallas. I don't know much about Dallas. I've never been there, have only flown to El Paso to be picked up by my friend from New Mexico who then took me to Phoenix. I don't know anybody from Texas except a friend from Chinese class who I haven't seen in 8 years. While in Washington state for a wedding I met a sweet old couple who happen to be the grandparents of my husband's best friend, but they're from Houston. They were really nice.

I religiously watched the show "Dallas" growing up. I hear it's smoggy there. Hmm. I love the fact that TLC tied Dallas and Sheer Dallas together with Mr. JR himself, Larry Hagman. His voice is so cute in his holder age... did he stop smoking?

So, how come I became so engrossed in the lives of Dee Simmons and daughter D'Andra Simmons-Manges, as well as Deanna DiPizio and her (oops, spoiler) fiance Jarrod Johnson? I really enjoyed this show, the lavish expense, the sickening luxury around every corner, the funny moment when Deanna reset every circuit breaker to get the hot water working (teehee) and brought down all the computers, the GORGEOUS hall, flowers, cake, and gown of D'Andra's wedding. (You know your mom was right about the veil, sweetie.)

This takes me back to the time I got sucked into the life of Kimberly Walker-Roop... Ahh, good times.

No comments: