Monday, April 25, 2005

Geek popular

Every now and again this memory resurfaces in my brain and I get pissed off as if it's happening for the first time all over again. I'm going to try to blog it out.

In my senior year of high school the most popular girl in school was having a little tête-à-tête with me in the yearbook room (yes, yearbook staff had a room to themselves, and unfortunately their significant others also did as well which is why big-nose Barbie was in the same room as I, a legitimate yearbook layout artiste). She just blurted out the statement, "it must be so nice not to be popular!" which presumably meant that I was the unpopular one. I was instantly offended. I was the queen of my geek realm! President of the computer club! A sysop on the really rad bulletin board our school hosted for our entire county and much of the state! Geeks threw themselves at my feet, wanting to date me, know me, take me to the prom. (I know these are not conventional "cool" things, but they were cool to me.) And, yet this little bitch had the audacity to claim I was not popular! *ranting* If I had to do it all over again, I really would bitch slap that bitch and sit on her until an hour after she cried uncle.

Later in life I saw said "popular" girl on a local television commercial singing a song way out of tune about the show X-Files (je ne sais pas pourquoi, don't ask), and then even later than that I saw her at my doctor's office with a really scary lady I can only presume was her crazy lesbian lover. Serves you right to end up with someone socially inept.

Hmm. I am not sure that worked to blog out the bad, but it's a start.

No comments: