Friday, April 15, 2005

love will find a way?

I'm a big fan of trashy reality TV, but I'm not happy to see that it ends up causing so many fall-outs. Today I am particularly bothered that rumors have turned to "fact" now that CNN is announcing that Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are no longer pals. Here's my theory: no one likes to travel around to different places to do WORK with their best friend, confined to small quarters of a bus, with no time away from the cameras. The crew of the show is trying to make things spicy, so if there is any tension between the stars of a show the producer will make sure that this tension is captured and perhaps even heightened so that it makes for good television. But, now I'm just sad that Paris and Nicole aren't friends, after an entire LIFETIME of being best friends. TV is ruining people's relationships, and since I choose to watch the show, I am enabling the TV show crews to continue to ruin more relationships. So, I will make a resolution to watch less reality television in the hopes that this reality TV fad will be over with and no more friendships, marriages, or families will be torn apart.



I am confident that Paris and Nicole will mend their friendship, but only after they stop doing reality TV together.

BTW, loved Pumpkin and Peanut, the twin girl orangutans on The Simple Life this week. So adorable!


PumpkinPeanut


Update from Access Hollywood:
Paris Hilton says she wants to freshen "The Simple Life" by bringing in a new sidekick.

:( :( :( More details.

No comments: