Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A really good daughter, but not on purpose

On April 18 I placed a web order for Mother's day flowers. Yesterday I happened to email my mom that she would receive a delivery to her workplace tomorrow. She emailed me back that she is going to Cozumel for the weekend(!!) and wouldn't be back to work until Tuesday.

Frantic. What good are 5-day old flowers?! I called the flower company to move the delivery date to Tuesday. I was told that the new delivery date was confirmed. Last night there was a message in my home voicemail that the flower company could not deliver on the date I chose. I called to inquire -- because I chose a Mother's day bouquet at a discounted price they could not change the delivery date to after Mother's day. I asked the company to cancel the order so that I could place a new order online.

After I hung up I went online and placed the new order for the new delivery date. Shortly after I received confirmation about this order, but no confirmation that my first order was cancelled.

This morning I received an email stating that the first order could not be cancelled because the flower shop had already prepared the order, so the flowers would be delivered on Thursday. Because I had called to cancel, however, the flower company assured me that I would not be charged for this order! So, now my mom is getting two bouquets of flowers for the price of one! Yip!

The two bouqets Mom will receive:


No comments: