Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Gigantic

I am a huge They Might Be Giants fan. There, I said it. I own many shirts, CDs, bumper stickers, and keychains from The Johns, as well as two sets of autographs which I keep in my safe (for safe keeping, of course!).

giants_hr

My friends gave me TMBG's documentary Gigantic for Christmas, but I was skeptical about watching it after reading a really bad review from a hardcore fan. Two weeks ago I finally watched the documentary and I absolutely loved it! Had the right amount of live performance, interviews with The Johns, interviews with random other people you may or may not know (Andy Richter, Sarah Vowell, Conan O'Brien, and countless others). I'm giving this double thumbs up. If you're a fan of TMBG or think you want to be, check out the documentary.

gigantic

The very best part is a cartoon re-enactment of Gloria's phone call to Dial-a-Song.

No comments: