Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Three sentences

Thanks, P'nut, for sharing AnonymousCoworker's cure fore boredom.

Hi, you! I forgot your name, but do you want to cure your boredom? Here ya go:

    1. Grab the nearest book.
    2. Open the book to page 123.
    3. Find the fifth sentence.
    4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
    5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

Unfortunately, I had a boring book at my fingertips when I posted to The Nutshell Crack'd, so I dug out my current book, and I kid you not, I am actually ON page 123! How weird is that?!

Please leave your results in the comments section.

Ok, here's a try from the book I'm actually reading right now:
    Now, however, an unexpected development had emerged. Mystifyingly, four cardinals were absent from the chapel. Mortari knew that all the exits to Vatican City were guarded, and the missing cardinals could not have gone far, but still, with less than an hour before opening prayer, he was feeling disconcerted.

Yes, that is a passage from Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, which is the prequel to The Da Vinci Code. I *loved* The Da Vinci Code, brilliant...

No comments: