Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Go ahead, fence me in

This is probably a better story if you just took "happy pills" like I did...

Today was my "6 week adjustment" for my adult braces, which was really 8 weeks from my last appointment. Someone else I know who has adult braces suggested that I take ibuprofen before my adjustments because they pull so much on your teeth that you're sore after. But, because of the medications I am taking for a temporary but quite painful medical problem I can't take extra ibuprofen, aspirin, or acetaminophen.



Sooooo, today I experienced a very unpleasant violation of my mouth by a very friendly person who had only good intentions, but I couldn't take a pain reliever for the adjustment so the result is that I can only eat mushy foods. I had mashed potatoes for dinner. With cheese. And (real, not crunchy) bacon bits. And butter. No sour cream, but only because we finished that off last night. So, a happy ending to a not-so-happy beginning.

And, now that I'm home and have no more appointments to go to, I took my evening dose of happy pills, so life is good no matter what happens on American Idol tonight! ;)

No comments: