Monday, March 28, 2005

iChatStatus and cute kitties

There is someone in my iChat buddy list I don't like to talk to unless I absolutely need to. Said person had his iTunes playlist as his iChat status, and because I didn't want to talk to him I instead googled until I found iChatStatus. Now, instead of having a helpful status such as [in X location] or [in Y location] or [in a meeting] or [client visit], etc. my Available and Away messages show what song is playing on my computer! :D (You can add a suffix if you really need to tell people where you are...) You can customize iChatStatus to only show when you're Available, but I like the idea that my computer can keep rocking out while I'm not around. So, if you have Mac OS X 10.2 or higher, try out iChatStatus! Just a head's up, by default iChatStatus does not load at startup, you have to check the box labelled Automatically Start at Login.

I was trying to quickly google for a way to do the same thing on Windows (iTunes->IM client), but instead stumbled upon sarah. word. which has a great link to help Windows users post their iTunes playlist to their website or blog.

Among many other cool things, Sarah has a great link to see endless photos of cute kittens! Yay!


No comments: