Saturday, March 19, 2005

I know I'm a nerd because...

I am spending my Saturday afternoon sitting around in my Apple long sleeve t-shirt, blogging on my PB aluminum, and watching the movie Trekkies for (not the first, not the second, but) the third time in my life and actually identifying with several of the fans.

During the segment where a man says he changed his name to James T. Kirk I turned to my husband and said, "if he were a real Star Trek fan he would have changed his name to James R. Kirk, which was the name on his tombstone in one of the early episodes" and my husband responds "oh yah, that was the pilot episode!" (It's actually the second pilot episode and the name on the tombstone was incorrect, but the point is that it's sad that we're discussing this on a sunny weekend afternoon instead of ... ... ... ... so many other things.)

My favorite is the Elvis trekkie. (Hey, none of that snobbery about trekkie v. trekker, ok?)

No comments: