Thursday, March 17, 2005

Fft fft

I would have thought I had a thicker skin, but when I realized someone in blogland was being mean to me I broke down. My husband was wondering what the hell was wrong with me while I sat sobbing on the couch, staring at the "dirty dig" on my computer screen. I felt so embarrassed for being upset that I wouldn't tell him for a few minutes what had happened. I mean, I'm just blogging for fun and some person I don't even know gets nasty at me. ... ... ...???

I thought the blogging community had a neighborhood watch, but apparently bullying occurs in cyberspace even between complete strangers. Speaking of which, there was an interesting article in the last issue of People magazine about a boy who committed suicide because he was being teased through instant message by girls from his school. Can't find that particular article online, so here's a different site with info about cyberbullying. I'm sure more adults are reading this site than children, so parents please teach your kids about tolerance, acceptance, equality, being *kind* to strangers, and the harmful effects of passive aggressive behavior.

Hmm, I feel better now. (sort of. well, not really, but I'll get over it someday.)

1 comment:

Poppy said...

*Now* I feel better. I appreciate the offer, but I don't want to start an East Coast/West Coast thing just yet. :) It feels good to know someone's on my side, thanks TL.