Sunday, March 06, 2005

"Never, but never, fuck with The King"

Bruce Campbell as Elvis + the late Ossie Davis as JFK = the best movie ever. When Bubba Ho-tep came to my town for one week only I went and saw it at the independent film theater. It rocked my casbah. So, I bought it as well as all the other major Bruce Campbell movies (Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Evil Dead III [Army of Darkness]) as a gift from Santa/kitties for me and my husband. We finally busted out Bubba Ho-tep tonight to watch it on our non-theater-sized television. Even better the second time. Ossie Davis kicks ass portraying a dyed John F. Kennedy with a bag of sand filling part of his head helping Elvis (Bruce) to fight off the evil soul-sucking pharaoh (Ho-tep).

bh-t

Use your spare change to rent this film. Or, better yet, use the first hour or two of your paycheck to buy it. (If you make enough money so that you don't even need to work at least half an hour to buy this film then you are under contractual obligation to buy one copy for yourself and 5 more copies for strangers.)

No comments: