Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Huh? I thought I was French.

I used the Next Blog button (love it!) and found Slice Squared which had a link about cats who like to watch their owners pee that brought me to Grand Mental Station. On this site I saw a Quizilla quiz labelled What obsolete skill are you? The blogger's obsolete skill was "French" which confused me because there was a coat of arms so I assumed it meant that *she* was French rather than that her special obsolete skill was *speaking* French. Anyway, I took the quiz expecting to also have the obsolete French skill, and, um, got a kinda crunchy answer instead:

You are 'growing one's own food'. You are guided by two words: 'Live simply.' You value quality over quantity in most things, and you have little use for the materialism and consumerism of modern culture. You know the value of hard work and try to be self-sufficient as much as possible, and what you do you do well. Unfortunately, no man is an island, and you cannot do everything yourself. Your puritanical work ethic makes makes people think that you are weird, and not much fun. Your problem is that growing one's own food has been obsolete for a long time.


Um, I do grow flowers, and cat nip for the kitties, and we planted a lot of trees and grew onions and tomatoes last summer. And, I have a fair number of house plants. But...um...I don't live simply at all. I love material possessions. I am lazy and therefore don't enjoy being self-sufficient. I definitely don't have a puritanical work ethic. People think I'm weird *and* fun. Hmm. Maybe I should retake the quiz when I didn't just swallow my happy pills.

No comments: