Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Intended sweetheart

A long and complicated story that has absolutely nothing to do with me explains why a female co-worker handed me a vase full of Narcissi Manly and Narcissi White Lion today. Gorgeous. My digital camera is at work with my husband, of course, argh, because I sent him flowers yesterday and I asked him to take a picture so I can see them.

On a sideways tangent: Remember that time when Mom got two bouquets for Mother's day? Well, she didn't get the second bouquet. I called the flower company last night and they asked me to call back today when the local florist would be open. So, this morning I called. The rep hypothesized that because corporate had told local florists not to make and deliver bouquets if they didn't have the proper flowers in stock that this would have caused the delay, but that she would call the florist then call me right back. ... ... ... Called me right back to report that there had been a rather nasty car accident blocking the florist's delivery path so she turned around and went back to the flower shop. She attempted to call my mom to let her know about the delay but I misentered the phone number (I put a "1" in front of it, because it was an 800#). Why they didn't call *me* to tell *me* about the delivery problem is unclear. But, anyway, the flowers are supposedly in the delivery van for delivery today. So, despite my BEST efforts to have superfresh flowers delivered to the best mom on the planet, she'll get wilting old flowers. Best intentions.

No comments: