Thursday, May 05, 2005

flower power

So, in between work meetings my cell phone rings. I dig it out of my purse and look at the display - MOM. Mom is supposed to be on her way to Cozumel, so I quickly leave my office (which I share with two other officemates) and answer the phone as I walk into the deserted hallway. My mom proceeds to tell me that the ladies at the office received the 18 assorted roses that weren't actually supposed to be delivered.

My mom then told me that because she wouldn't be there to enjoy them the ladies in the office decided to give the flowers away to a woman who was having a really rough time in life. She lost her house in Hurricane Charley and still doesn't have a new one yet, and her husband had a nervous breakdown and is in the hospital. So, when the ladies at Mom's work gave her flowers to this distraught woman she began to cry.

Soon after giving Distraught Woman the flowers the ladies in the office were able to give her some great news -- the new house Distraught Woman and her husband had ordered received its certificate of occupancy today, so now they have a place to live again! Yay! Strange, but neat.

No comments: