Thursday, July 05, 2007

Duran Duran has approved this message

I was just invited to go to a pet store to hold snakes.

For real. My co-worker had a snake phobia which is "cured" but she needs to go handle snakes periodically to keep the phobia at bay.

I'm going. Not right this second, but as soon as she figures out her schedule we're putting a time on our calendars to go.

I am super excited. Like, a lot. I'm not sure I've ever held a snake. (Filthy gutter minds in some of you, I tell ya... You know what I mean!!!!!)


4 comments:

RW said...

Are snakes dirty???

Poppy said...

No, they are not. They are quite clean.

sourpuss said...

I don't know why peeps are afraid of them or think they're slimy. I don't find them scary at all and they actually feel rather nice. An ex of mine had a Boa and the only thing I didn't like about her was that she didn't want to come out of her aquarium, and once you got her out, she didn't want to go back in!

Poppy said...

They're just so gorgeous and mysterious. ... Why would anyone not like them?

Admittedly, when I was a kid I had a recurring dream that I would be on the swingset swinging high in the air and would look down to see a cobra trying to attack me. But it didn't translate to a snake fear.