Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wife swapping with pirattitude

Just recently I started watching reruns of Wife Swap and started getting into the show, so I set up my dish to record the two new episodes that aired on Monday night. Last night I was watching the second episode, when who else was on the screen but JOHN BAUR, THE GUY WHO INVENTED INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY! His family lives under the Pirattitude philosophy, embracing the chaos of life and not controlling behavior, speech, or attire to conform with today's society. I kept staring at him and quietly shrieking, he's a legend, like Santa Claus, you can't be mean to him!” How ironic (although, let's face it, TV means for everything to be intentional) that the episode aired on the day before ITLaP day. I didn't get to finish watching the episode last night, but I sure hope the Baur family didn't change anything about their lives after the swap! I can't wait until the newest pirate book is published, since there shall be a chapter entitled Why Pirates and Ninjas Should Be Friends But Can't Be, because I'd really like to know! :)

I was touched when Hay told me that he recited my favorite pirate joke at his work's lunch table yesterday, and that people laughed at it. So, I'll spread the wealth.

What's a pirate's favorite letter?
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pirate joke lol...and now I'll have to keep an eye out for the rerun of that WifeSwap...

Susie said...

We don't watch wife swap - but we like Super Nanny! ... and American Idol...and Suvivor ... and Dancing with the Stars ... Oh my there's too many reality shows!

Come visit us during our caption contest!

Anonymous said...

I heard the joke differently.

Did you hear about the new pirate movie?

It's rated RRRRRRRRRR.