Monday, October 22, 2007

Confercation day 6

J, K, and I wake up, roll outta bed, and head directly to Epcot. Let me just say, I have no idea why we revisited Epcot while I was there. I was at Epcot on day 2. J and K have both been to Epcot. I didn't plan stuff. I guess I could ask why we revisited Epcot instead of hitting another park, but ... yah, we'll just leave it at that.

So, more of the same stuff, mostly. Redid Test Track, Mission Space, and Soarin'. Then we also did the Finding Nemo talk which was super dull, but I got to see a bunch of stingrays and jellyfish so I can't complain.

P1000569.JPG P1000578.JPG

I only had a little bit of time left so we ate lunch. I had Chinese food then we drove back to the hotel in a mad dash to get me showered, dressed, packed, and downstairs for 1:15pm so that Douglas the town car driver (SHUT. IT.) could drive me back to the airport to fly out to see B.

On the way to the airport I was so tired that I didn't talk to Douglas at all. I'm normally not quite so... rude... in one-on-one situations, but I was just too tired to do anything more than rest my eyes. When I got to the airport I checked my bags curbside, but ... no boarding pass. I didn't know better so I went inside and waited in the (wrong line) for over an hour. I was yelled at by the woman behind the ticket counter about this. I don't take kindly to waiting in a line for an hour then being yelled at for doing that WITHOUT COMPLAINT TO YOU so I said something slightly snippy to her and we got on with the process of getting me that boarding pass.

P1000624.JPG The flight itself was uneventful. I arrived to Dallas, went down the escalator to baggage claim, and THERE WAS B LOOKING UP AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waved my cute girl wave and she waved back! And then I shoved the guy in front of me out of the way (not really, but I was fake shoving him from behind) then I ran over to B and we gave each other a huge hug. My bags popped right out and we were on our way to dinner! (Note: I am kinda certain this photo embarrasses B, but it is my second favorite photo from the whole trip. My favorite photo will be listed on day 7.)

I met B's DH (whose name I know) in the parking lot of the restaurant (the name of which I forget), then we all wandered in for fanfuckingtastic Tex-Mex food. After dinner we went to their house where I met the kittos. I have photos of BlackJack, Kino, and Menchi but I have ZERO photos of Joey because he was zonked out in B and DH's room. I really thought I took photos of him, but I can't find them anywhere. How can that be? I know we spent a bit of antisocial time at the dining table, but I don't really remember much else about that night. I was exhausted. :)





8 comments:

bdogg_mcgee said...

Oh jeez. I can't believe that you put that picture of me with my head in a turban!

It's all about me, you know...

Have to say that your visit was the highlight of my YEAR - best weekend EVER!

(Move down here please)

Poppy said...

I knew you were gonna hate me posting that picture! I love that picture.

(Poppy is pensering.)

Poppy said...

PS - It *is* all about you! :p

whall said...

I enjoy your blog, and stories and all, but must you be so graphic?

quote: I ran over to B and we gave each other a huge hug. My bags popped right out

I mean, come on - kids might be reading this!

Poppy said...

Wah, I think I just woke up the neighborhood laughing so hard. Oops. :) I think I'll just leave that the way it is, because it's funny. :D

New York City's Watchdog said...

I just want to point out that you obviously had a second chance to go to the buffet in Germany, but once again you shunned the schnitzel.

That is a great picture... are those t-shirts the logo from the cigars you bought???

Poppy said...

Dawg, what? are. you. talking. about? And: No, those applegeeks.com shirts. :)

bdogg_mcgee said...

Holy crap, Whall, I nearly fell out of my chair when I read your comment...that was hilarious!!! :)