Monday, October 08, 2007

bullet-in

  • Please note that this serves as your notice that I am not dead. I am, however, insanely busy.
  • There seem to be new guests next door. I'm thrilled to know they are enjoying sports of some type very loudly. I will be kicking down their door at the stroke of midnight.
  • Gosh, there are a lot of guys at a geek conference. And yet, magically, a woman sat next to me at lunch. A woman who didn't know me but we surmised we were at the same conference in Massachusetts in the winter. Weird. :)
  • I am tiiiiiiiiiiiired from all this doing stuff. No time to myself, although my posse did just give me a two hour reprieve. (And, actually, one of my posse members is being very weird today. Granted, I just met him Sunday, but he's gone from nice to dickishly prickishly evasively assy in two days. Not that I care, but he seems to want us to care. I have no idea how to react to that so I am ignoring him.)
  • Benihana's is yummy. Or, well, what I remember of it. Someone gave me sake. Don't worry, I chased it with a single beer after so I could sober up. (Shut it, that actually worked!)
  • I think Disney is magical and that Test Track is perhaps my favorite Epcot ride. I have video of it. Not sure if I'll ever again in my life have time to myself to post it, though.
  • A co-worker is at the conference with me, but his (and his wife's) plans and my (and my posse's) plans are never matching up. Sucks. Oh well. I see him plenty back in France.
  • I still haven't checked my work email. What can I say? Disney is a magical place. It makes time disappear.
  • I'm about to leave again for the night.
  • I'm seeing Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba tomorrow night, but after I have dinner with Avi and Britt. :)
  • I am pretty sure this conference is bogus, just an excuse to show up at random spots around the country and goof off.
  • I really need to go.
  • Bye. :)



6 comments:

whall said...

Are we supposed to guess which ones are true?

Bearette said...

I think we went to Benihana's...

That's probably the motivation behind all conferences and meetings ;) That, and the pastries.

New York City's Watchdog said...

Gosh, there are a lot of guys at a geek conference. And yet, magically, a woman sat next to me at lunch.

You mean to tell me... there are two... women... at a Geek conference??????????

I think I just fainted.

Avitable said...

Now I just have to find a good steak place . . .

The Absurdist said...

Watchdog: Dude, I am ALWAYS at geek conferences. My area of expertise; plus a great way to find that one guy that isn't a total social 'tard.

Poppy: I am with you on test track. I guess that not much has changed since I have been there.

Like Benihana's too. It's fun.

I am glad you aren't dead. Who would make fun of Wah with me? I was worried, but realized you were still at the conference.

Hey Avi, since I am going to be in Orlando next week, maybe you and the wife can go to dinner with me too!

I hope you continue to have a great time! Blow off that damned conference and go have a great time!

Dan said...

Imbibe. Learn. Network. Sleep. Imbibe. Learn. Network. Sleep.

This public service announcement is brought to you by...