Sunday, October 21, 2007

Confercation day 5, part 2

This time the line at Earl of Sandwich was slightly shorter and moving quickly so we stayed. I ordered the original sandwich (roast beef and cheese with mayo), a chocolate milk, a fountain soda (have I ever mentioned I'm a 2-fisted drinker?), and a bag of BBQ chips. J and I went to a table outside where J proceeded to apologize for about the 15 millionth time for G's behavior. Lemme let you in on a little secret: I get over stuff VERY quickly. You piss me off and I've bounced back five minutes later, if it takes even that long. So, continuing to remind me about a situation is like it being brand new. I don't care anymore, and now you're annoying me by rehashing it! And, speak of the effing devil, somehow G figures out where we are and comes to join us. He eats my chips, drinks my chocolate milk, and belches. A charming man.

We all walk over to the Cirque tent so that J can get a La Nouba souvenir now that there's no crowd because the first show of the day isn't for several hours. While on the way there G just wanders into House of Blues without saying anything. J and I start blathering about Raglan Road again (hey, what can I say, it's a favorite topic) then G wanders out with hot sauce. We continue to Cirque and J buys souvenirs while I pretend to be interested in buying anything there. We then head to the cigar shop version of the cigar bar so that I can buy cigars for my TX leg of the trip to smoke with B and her DH. I attempt to text B for consultation on what cigars to get, but she's at work so she doesn't respond fast enough. I buy cigars with a lion on them (1. I am a leo; 2. I love cats; 3. rawr) and we move along back to the hotel because it's time for J's girlfriend (my friend) K and G's wife S to arrive from the airport to our old hotel with a rental car!!!

When we arrive I am all nasty sweaty and hot from the Orlando sun but I give K a big hug anyway. I then meet G's wife S who I had been told I am a lot alike... Yah, not so much. It's not that we don't have similar physical features, it's that she's a fucking bitch and won't even acknowledge my existence. I take higher road and put my hand out to shake hers; she coldly offers her own in return. I'm sure she and G will be very happy together forever. Gahhhh.... J, G, and I grab all our stuff from the bell service and shove it into the rental car. Because of space J decides to walk across the street rather than be sandwiched next to G and S who are full-on making out in the back seat.

We arrive to the Regal Sun across the street, check into our rooms (I'm staying with J and K because I'm only there for a night), then G and S wander off to go do it while the rest of us go to our room to prepare for Magic Kingdom. J, K, and I leave to go to the kingdom because we are informed that G and S will be running late. J, K, and I arrive then do a lot of fun stuff, such as Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Mickey's PhilharMagic, the Pooh ride, and Tomorrowland. Pictureses...

P1000403.JPG P1000500.JPG

P1000482.JPG P1000517.JPG



We then walked over to the castle and watched the fireworks. No photos of that. I know they're supposed to be impressive, but... I've been to La Ronde. A lot. It's hard to impress me with simple fireworks set to music. (shrug, I'm a fireworks snob)

A break in the post to compare....

La Ronde (YAR):


Magic Kingdom (yawn):


...resuming confercation.

After fireworks we spent exactly one hour trying to get back to the car with G and S who we finally located via S's cell phone. We then drove 10 minutes back to the hotel so that J, K, and I could get ungrubby then head back to Downtown Disney for ... RAGLAN ROAD!!!!!!!! We got a seat right next to the band (squeeeeeeeeee!!!!) then K ordered a margarita, J ordered a whiskey, and I ordered (grin) a whiskey AND a Smithwick's. (Double. fisted. drinker.) I am the only one who got to have a buzz going because the waiter was super awesome at serving us when he was around, but he didn't visit much. I had fish and chips. I don't eat fish, but JFC that fish was TASTY. The waiter finally came back around and K ordered another margarita while J and I ordered Harps. J and I stared intently at Danielle every time she danced.

(I just found this video. I am resmittened.)



(siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh)

After this we stumbled back to the hotel where we all did a shot of Maelstrom (btw, a mistake, I had to grab onto J's shoulder because it burned so bad going down I thought I would die) then went to bed to wake up bright and early for my last day in FL.

11 comments:

New York City's Watchdog said...

You picked a cigar by the band?

Why am I really not surprised.

Rawr.

Poppy said...

I picked a cigar by the box, actually. They were cigarillos. I am too dainty and lady-like to put full-sized cigars in my mouth.

(NO double entendres were intended in the making of this comment.)

Anonymous said...

you did more in those few days in Orlando than I have STILL done here

and WAY more than Adam, and he's from here!

Poppy said...

Britt, I'd like to thank my scheduler for jam packing my days. I had nothing to do with it, other than following where he led me.

New York City's Watchdog said...

*KEEPING MOUTH SHUT FOR FEAR OF LIFE*

Poppy said...

Remember when you told me to hit your hand in the airport, and I refused, and then you BEGGED me, but I still didn't?

Your life is not in danger.

New York City's Watchdog said...

I remember... but I'm still trying to get you to do it... (c;P

Poppy said...

Good luck with that! :)

whall said...

comments on dancing table video:
1) it looks like the guy in the green shirt's gonna get kicked in the mouf any second
2) it kind of looks like the patrons aren't wanting the dance
3) this must really impede a good poker game

Poppy said...

Wah, from what J tells me (after he was seated at that table last time he was down), the patrons are NOT warned ahead of time that the lovely Danielle will be dancing on your table until...um, she's dancing on your table. So, you can perhaps understand why they look so distressed if it's her first dance of the night. Notice that the guy to her very left eventually takes out a camera to record. ;)

New York City's Watchdog said...

Thanks! I think I'll need it! (c;P