I've completely stolen, ripped off, and robbed this from Avi. Thanks, Avi!
1. Explain what ended your last relationship.
I flew home from a very exhausting business trip and saw my boyfriend on the other side of the luggage claim terminal. He had it written ALL over him that he had cheated on me while I was away. He admitted to the cheating when we were back at my apartment. Since the girl he cheated with had moved out of state while I was on the trip my newly ex-boyfriend attempted to use me as a fuck buddy while he carried on an emotional relationship with the chick who moved away. I broke it off, moved on, and 10 years later am still with, and happily married to, my rebound man.
2. When was the last time you shaved?
Do I lie or do I avoid the question? Hmm. ... This morning, of course! (The real answer is probably a week ago. I shave more often if my skin is exposed.)
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
Watching Intervention while waiting for Hay to come downstairs so we could leave for work.
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Reading Avi's answers to these questions.
5. Are you any good at math?
On paper I'm not half bad. If I try to do it in my head I'm AWFUL at it. I used to be much better....
6. Your prom night? what about?
I was asked to the prom by two different boys, both younger than I was. I refused both of them and didn't bother going. I'm not a prom kinda gal.
7. Do you have any famous ancestors?
Famous by whose standards?
8. Have you had to take a loan out for school?
I haven't. I went to a university that offers tuition remission to its employees and their children. My father was kind enough to continue working at the university until after I graduated. Thanks, Dad. :) I worked the same job my entire time at college to pay for books. For room and board: I lived at home the first two years (I paid for my own food, I was weird that way), then rented with roommates using cash from my job as well as supplemental cash from Mom, then lived on campus as an RA (free room and board). Hay still owes a bit on his loans, but we'll pay them off by the end of the year.
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile?
I know the words while I'm listening to the song, then afterwards they core dump right outta my head. I like the video a lot, as I've mentioned before.
10. Last thing received in the mail?
Devil's Playground (2002) from Netflix.
11. How many different beverages have you had today?
Two: Coffee and water.
12. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
For work I will. For home I'll talk into answering machines for the people I know screen all their calls.
13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
Wang Chung and Tina Turner. Definitely a gang bangery.
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
No, I stare at the ocean waves.
15. What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had?
Nothing? I had a ton of cavities at age 11. I was so terrified of needles that I didn't have Novocaine for any of the fillings. I had one refilled last year, again sans Novocaine. I did have my wisdom teeth out at 19, but they ached rather than hurting after, and the aching only lasted a few hours.
16. What is out your back door?
My back yard, which has a bunch of gardens, trees, feeders, wildlife, and general nature goodness.
17. Any plans for Friday night?
Currently there are no plans for Friday night. I'm happy about that.
18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
What's wrong with my hair?! I love the ocean. As long as it doesn't try to kill me it can do whatever it wants to my hair.
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Yes. It's been several years, so I'd like to go again sometime. (Avi's answer preserved.)
21. Do you re-use towels after you shower?
Until they're stinky, yes.
22. Some things you are excited about?
Halloween, ... yup.
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
24. Describe your keychain(s)?
They're encrypted for my pleasure.
25. Where do you keep your change?
In a big Radio Shack tin in the shape of a battery, as well as lying around wherever I lazily leave it.
26. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
27. What kind of winter coat do you own?
What kind of winter coat don't I own?!
28. What was the weather like on your graduation day?
29. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
Funny story, that. We have been sleeping in the spare bedroom for a year because our master suite is too freakin' huge for me to deal with. About 3 months ago the bedroom door started shutting on its own. It doesn't latch, but it no longer stays in the completely open position. We stick a kitty cat door wedge between the door and the frame so that the cats can come and go as they please. Our preference is: open when it's not too cold or hot; closed with the heat on if too cold; closed with the A/C on if too hot.